Welcome to the MIRACL Documentation Portal
For web and app developers in need of the world's most secure user login solution. Quickly deploy a substitute for insecure user names and passwordsRead the Docs
For enterprises looking for the world's most secure solution to enable single sign-on access to multiple apps and resourcesRead the Docs
The M-Pin Mobile SDK is a software library that allows mobile application developers to use the M-Pin authentication scheme for authenticating their end-users. Here you can also find the documentation for our 'M-Pin Connect' mobile pinpad applicationRead the Docs
The MIRACL Crypto Library is widely regarded by developers as the gold standard open source SDK for elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) We are also currently working hard to get the MIRACL IoT Crypto Library ready for its public release.Read the Docs
Values, Security and Privacy:
Your privacy, your rights and our values and code of conduct
To provide unparalleled trust, privacy and security throughout the digital universe, beautifully.
True security is beautiful.
To be in every connected thing.
We will restore confidence and trust in your digital universe.
– Security comes first – Transparency and integrity inside and out – Open minded and confident in being different – Respect for privacy – Simplicity everywhere
Our Expanded Position on Privacy:
We defend the right of individuals to use whatever technology they can lay their hands on in order to defend their personal privacy.
We support the rule of law.
We will oppose the introduction of laws that threaten the first point.
We defend the right of law enforcement agencies to use robust methods (within the law) in order to bring wrong-doers to justice.
Your Privacy when using our services:
– We don't want to know more about you than we have to. – Your email is used to contact you in an emergency, to verify support requests, or to notify you of any updates or related services from MIRACL. – We don't mind if you use anonymous email services. – We won't sell, trade or disseminate information about you.
Your Rights when using our services:
– You can change the email associated with your account. – You can delete your account whenever you'd like. – You can ask us what information we have (yes, we'll answer). – You can request that we delete all traces of you in our systems, including support emails.
This web site, MIRACL.com, is administered by MIRACL UK Ltd. We appreciate your visit to our site and welcome your interest in our services. MIRACL recognizes the importance of the information by which you can be identified, such as your name, address, or e-mail address ("Person Data"). Data Protection and Privacy Protection is, after all, our mission.
When you visit this web site, MIRACL may collect Personal Data about you, either directly (where you are asked to provide the data, for example during registration for the service) or indirectly, as hereinafter better explained. MIRACL will, however, only use this Personal Data in accordance with the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement and is committed to safeguarding the personal information collected.
This is an official informative note pursuant to, and to the effect of the UK's Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) provided to whoever visits MIRACL's web site or uses the MIRACL service. MIRACL is required, by law, to uphold this Privacy Statement.
The Data Protection Act 1998 establishes a framework of rights and duties which are designed to safeguard personal data. This framework balances the legitimate needs of organisations to collect and use personal data for business and other purposes against the right of individuals to respect for the privacy of their personal details.
The Information Commissioner's Office ('ICO'):
The Information Commissioner is the UK's independent authority who upholds information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals. In addition the ICO has a duty to co-operate with European and other international partners, including the European Commission and other data protection authorities.
Further detailed information on the Act and the role of the ICO can be found at https://www.ico.org.uk. Eight Data Protection Principles
The Act sets out eight data protection principles to be followed by data controllers when processing Personal Data. In summary these are that Personal Data must be:
1. Fairly and lawfully processed 2. Used for specific lawful purposes 3. Adequate, relevant and not excessive 4. Accurate and where necessary kept up to date 5. Kept for no longer than necessary 6. Used in accordance with the rights of individuals under the Act 7. Kept secure against unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction or damage 8. Not transferred to another country outside the European Economic Area without adequate protection
Should you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our data processing activities, recommendations or complaints concerning the protection and privacy of your Personal Data, or should you want to exercise the rights mentioned here within, please contact us via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via regular mail at: 81 Rivington Street, London EC2A 3AY, UK.
Data Processing Locations:
Data processing associated with customer support for the MIRACL website and service and the data centre where MIRACL's servers are housed is located in the UK, and therefore is subject to UK and EU Laws.
Rights of the Data Subject:
You can request a summary of the information that we have about you by emailing us at email@example.com. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly.
If we have wrong information about you, you have the right to correct it. And if you feel that we wrongly used your data, or if you feel there is no longer any reason why we should have it (for example, if you delete your account), you can request that we remove every reference to you in our systems.
That means that you always have the right to object to the way your data is being treated, or even which data we require of you. Please keep in mind that MIRACL only collects the minimum data needed to offer our service to you.
Changing or Removing Information:
In an effort to facilitate your ability to enact your rights, and to ensure that you have appropriate control over your Personal Data, the MIRACL service includes an interface where you can change your Registration or Customer Information.
If at any time you would like to delete your Personal Data from other systems outside of the MIRACL service (for example, customer service emails) you can send an e-mail request to firstname.lastname@example.org. After receiving your request, such information will be deleted assuming (i) you are current with all payment obligations; (ii) MIRACL does not believe it is reasonably necessary to keep such information for any pending legal action; and (iii) we are under no other legal obligation to retain such information. If such information is deleted, however, any unfulfilled subscriptions will be cancelled without refund and you will have to re-register with MIRACL in order to use the MIRACL service.
Since Anonymous Information is by its very nature non-personally identifying, we have no way to locate Anonymous Information obtained by your use of the service. In addition, Anonymous Information is often aggregated. Therefore, we cannot remove Anonymous Information obtained from you or as a result of your usage of the website or service.
Collection of Personal Data:
Personal Data is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity. When other information is linked to Personal Data, it also becomes Personal Data.
In general, you can visit the MIRACL web site without providing Personal Data. It is MIRACL's goal to collect as little Personal Data as possible. However there may be some occasions where it may be collected. For example:
1. When you register for the MIRACL service, we will request a User ID and Email address ("Registration Information"). An activation code will be sent to the email address provided to confirm its validity and to ensure that it was not accidentally mistyped. The MIRACL application provides an interface where you can correct this information, request a new activation code to be sent, or even change the email associated with your account in the future. There is a grace period of 7 days to complete this process. Should a valid email account not be provided in that time, all information collected will be promptly removed from MIRACL's servers and the account deleted.
2. When you place an order or subscribe to a paid version MIRACL service, we may collect the appropriate billing information, including your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address ("Billing Information"). This information is associated with your Registration Information in a database and will be kept for future purchases. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
3. When you submit a request for more information, support or assistance, MIRACL will keep a record of the request and the manner in which it was processed ("Customer Service Information").
We may ask you for voluntary personal information at other times, including but not limited to when you provide opinions, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem with the MIRACL service ("Optional Information").
Your response to the above requests for information is strictly voluntary: if you do not provide the information we request, you can still visit the informative sections of our website but you may be unable to register or maintain an account with the MIRACL service.
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Privacy Statement.
Collection of Non-Personally Identifiable (Anonymous) Information:
Whenever you visit the MIRACL site, we may also automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, your computer's name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information.
This information is collected automatically by the system and the software procedures dedicated to the operating of this web site and requires no action on your part. With the exception of your IP address which is used to enable MIRACL's anti-phishing protecting and in other strictly security related measures, this information will not be associated with your Personal Data.
This data enables us to become more familiar with which parts of the world visitors to our site come from, how often they visit, and what parts of the site they visit most often. We analyze this data for trends and statistics, we use them exclusively to help us better understand how our site is being used, to improve the value and user-friendliness of our web site and to detect any technical problems as early as possible.
MIRACL does not specifically seek to collect sensitive Personal Data (such as data revealing political opinions, religious beliefs or data concerning health or sex life) through this site. If MIRACL does seek to collect such data, your prior consent hereto will be asked.
Your Personal Data will be processed manually and/or by automated systems that guarantee security and confidentiality, in strict accordance with, and complete respect of, the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Some pages on this site use "cookies," which are small files that the site places on your hard drive for identification purposes. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard disk which help our servers recognize your computer when you visit again, so that it is easier for you to navigate on our web site and make the best use of your visit. You should note that cookies cannot read data off of your hard drive. Your web browser may allow you to be notified when you are receiving a cookie, giving you the choice to accept it or not.
Disclosure of Personal Data:
Your Personal Data will not be matter of dissemination. The data will be disclosed only in accordance with the Act.
We will not provide, sell, barter or trade any information about you to/with any third parties, without your express permission and, above all, we will not sell this data to commercial users or make them available in any other form.
In general, we will not disclose your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent. If we seek your consent to disclose your Personal Data to a third party, we will do so unambiguously, explaining precisely what information we seek to disclose, the entity to whom we wish to disclose it, and the purpose for the disclosure.
There are, however, some limited circumstances in which we may need to disclose Personal Data about a user, and we want you to know about them:
1. We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service, processing credit card payments, or other functions necessary to our business. We may therefore need to share your Personal Data with banks or financial institutions, service companies, consultants, contractors and to the relevant Authorities imposed by law. The data you submit may be transmitted abroad, even outside European Union, only to our affiliated companies, in compliance with the requirements set forth by privacy law in force. However, we will provide them with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and will not allow them to use that information for any other purpose.
2. Responses to requests for information necessary to provide you with the products you purchase or subscribe to through the MIRACL service may contain Personal Data. MIRACL will provide the owners of such products the information you supply in response to those requests. The information practices of those publishers are not covered by this Privacy Statement. Your name, address, phone number, and email address, will not be shared with the owners.
3. We may reveal a user's identity (or whatever information we know about that individual) if we believe that user is harming or interfering with other MIRACL users, anyone else, or violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Terms and Conditions or infringing any of MIRACL's legal rights.
4. MIRACL will reveal information, including Personal Data, to the extent it reasonably believes it is required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of any of your Personal Data we will, if permitted by law, attempt to notify you via your e-mail address, if, and only if, we have one on record, within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request.
5. MIRACL may transfer information it collects, including any Personal Data, in connection with a sale of all or most of the assets of the company. Should your Personal Data be transferred as the result of such sale, you will be notified in your Account.
Use and disclosure of Anonymous Information:
Anonymous Information is any information collected from you or by the MIRACL service, other than Personal Data, including aggregate information derived from Personal Data.
MIRACL may use Anonymous Information to improve the MIRACL website and service, to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, and for other general business purposes.
MIRACL may disclose Anonymous Information to third parties for a variety of business reasons, including to publishers to inform them as to what content is appealing to their readers, to advertisers to inform them of the usage habits or characteristics of the interested audience, and to potential investors so that they may better understand MIRACL's user base, etc.
Anonymous Information will not include any Personal Data and MIRACL will not disclose any Personal Data except as expressly stated elsewhere in this policy.
We employ reasonable and advanced security methods to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information. Your personal data will be stored within a database that is located behind a firewall for added security. The server housing the database is physically protected at a secure data center. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission to the MIRACL web site or service of Personal Data and credit card information uses SSL encryption.
Other Web Sites:
Please note that the informative note is given ONLY for the MIRACL web site and application: This Privacy Statement does not extend to third party sites linked to this web site.
The MIRACL service is not directed to children (persons under the age of 18), and we do not knowingly collect, either online or offline, Personal Data from children.
From time to time, MIRACL may change this Privacy Statement. If we make any changes regarding disclosure of Personal Data to third parties, then we'll notify you by pop-up screen prior to the date the modified policy takes effect. We will also post conspicuous notice of the new policy on our home page. Any new policy will have prospective effect only, meaning it will not apply to information previously gathered without your express consent.
Please check this Privacy Statement from time to time for any changes.